Advanced Standing is awarded to a student upon demonstration of acquired knowledge of a course’s content through university or professional courses. The student is given advanced standing but this does not reduce the number of credit hours or fees required by an existing program.
Up to 9 credit hours of advanced standing will be offered to holders of the following designations:
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- CGA (Certified General Accountant)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
Direxion Leadership Development Program (The Canada School of Public Service)
- Students who receive Advanced Standing for the Direxion designation may not receive credit for GBUS/MBA 817 or MBA 760.
- Students who receive Advanced Standing for the CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, or CFA designation may not receive credit for GBUS/MBA 832 or MBA 780.
- Students who receive Advanced Standing for the CFA designation may not receive credit for GBUS/MBA 833 or 891 or MBA 790.
Up to nine credit hours of advanced standing may be offered to those who hold a Master’s degree in a related area (e.g., Master of Public Administration; Master of Human Resource Management), or those who hold a Master of Business Administration from another university.
Requests for Advanced Standing should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of Admission or Reinstatement.