FAQ | International Students


Please click on the boxes below to learn answers to some of the Levene GSB’s most commonly asked questions.

How much will it cost to study at the U of R?
Students should expect to pay for meals, transportation, accommodations and recreation in addition to tuition and student fees. This is a typical Budget for Living and Studying in a graduate program in Regina.
Is Co-operative Education available?
International students are elegible to register for 2 or 3 paid work terms during their program. Students who complete the Co-operative Education Program will have a Co-operative Education Designation added to their degree.
Is there an International Study Tour in my program?
This course involves travel abroad, with the purpose of exposing students to real world business activities. The course involves travel to one or more destinations to visit business enterprises, as well as pre- and post-travel classroom activities. This trip is mandatory for MBA students (cost included in tuition fees) but is also extended to students in the MAdmin and MHRM programs (at an additional cost).
Are there Academic Support Services?
At the U of R our aim is for you to succeed. Many support services such as language and academic help are available to our international students. These include an ESL program, English Language Coaching, Conversation One-on-One, Conversation Club, Tutoring and Study assistance. An Academic Advisor is available at the Levene GSB.
Where do I get Housing, Dining, and Transportation information?
Are there Health and Well-being services?

To help University of Regina students pay for the health services they need, URSU has partnered with StudentCare in order to provide students with extended health and dental coverage. The Plan is designed specifically to fill the gaps in provincial health care (Saskatchewan Health) and other basic health-care programs. Unless an international student opts out of this program, registration is mandatory (included in tuition) and can include family members at an additional cost.

Counselling Services

We offer personal counselling for students experiencing problems, group counselling for students interested in improving study habits or working through personal issues in a group setting, and emergency counselling for individuals who suddenly find themselves in crisis.

What are my options for Recreation and Entertainment on Campus?
Strike a perfect balance between work, study and life! This is so critical that U of R tuition fees include a membership to the gym. The gym is a great place to recharge after exams and meet new friends. Check out the activities offered.

The University of Regina Student Union (URSU) and UR International Global Learning Centre organize many on-campus entertainment events.

Is there an International Student Office?
UR International provides international students with Language Resources, Academic Support, Career Services, Support Groups and much more. To see what UR International offers visit the link below:

What Volunteer Opportunities are available?
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, meet people and create life-time friendships. It is always great to get out and get involved when visiting a new country. See volunteer opportunities below:

How many course registrations does a student require to be considered a full-time student?
Graduate students registered in two (2) courses (6 credit hours) are considered full-time students.

Registration Requirements for International Students
International Master’s students must be registered full-time in the Fall and Winter semesters, and minimally part-time in the Spring/Summer semester.

Full-time registration for international students is defined as:

  • registered in six (6) credit hours or more in the Fall semester, and Winter semester
  • registered in courses designated as full-time registration (co-op program)

Registration in three (3) credit hours does not meet the definition of full-time registration unless those credit hours pertain to the last requirements of the program.

What is the minimum grade allowable in the graduate programs ?
All graduate students must achieve a grade of no less than 70% in all courses.
Is there financial assistance available?
There are a limited number of externally funded scholarships available to Business Administration graduate students. Please see the list of scholarships for further details.
What is the project option?
Students following the project option must prepare and present a substantial research paper on a suitable topic. Student conduct research, under the supervision of a faculty member and a committee, examining a topic relevant to their program and academic interests. Past projects have ranged from theoretical research to the practical application of concepts and theories to the work place. Typical projects are approximately 60 pages in length.
Is it possible to transfer courses to Levene programs from previously completed Masters programs?
Yes, a maximum of three courses for credit from other graduate programs are transferrable.  Courses must be evaluated and deemed equivalent to courses in the Levene program before credit will be considered.  The student is given Advanced Standing which does not reduce the number of credit hours or fees required by the existing program. Advanced Standing has to be requested at the time of Admission or Reinstatement.
Is it possible to take courses from other faculties for credit in Levene programs?
Yes, a maximum of three courses for credit from other faculties at the University of Regina is acceptable.  Prior permission must be given by the Levene School and the faculty offering the course before a student can register for the class.
Is it possible to transfer from one Levene program to another once accepted?
The programs at the Levene School are seen as distinct from each other and have different admission requirements.  A new application is required if a current student wishes to move to a different program.